- TCP/IP Network Administration by Craig Hunt (2002, Paperback)
- (the UK's Unix & Open Systems User Group)
- TCP/IP Network Administration - AbeBooks - O'Reilly: X
- TCP/IP Network Administration (3rd Edition; O'Reilly Networking)
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase. Networks and net infrastructure is often a mystery for developers. The last time I had any formal instruction on networking was back in college and even then I remember the topics were over simplified and didn't feel very helpful. This book was a great way to refresh my understanding of how modern networks actually function. The author does a great job of explaining how IP and TCP were developed, covering the original problems and their solutions, how new problems arose, and how protocols and technologies evolved to handle them.
The explanations of different organizations that all come together to be stewards for the internet is really fascinating and puts a lot into perspective. I did not end up reading cover to cover, as the later sections get very very detailed with specific protocols that aren't that applicable to my day to day life, though if I ever found myself in need of their reference I'd be thankful that I have the book.
There also seems to be some sections that are fairly dated, and the amount of effort that goes into explaining how things work on the Solaris OS is not as applicable as it might have been long ago.
TCP/IP Network Administration by Craig Hunt (2002, Paperback)
Regardless, this book was very worth the money and the time spent to read through the bits that I did. Would recommend to any developer that looks at networking problems with anxiety or fear. As with all of O'Reilly's books, this one is technically accurate and fundamentally sound.
It lays a ground work based upon the actual theory of these protocols and how they were developed and the thinking that was involved in their creation. From there, it takes you step by step through the layers of the protocols and presents everything that most people would need to know--even more than they would need to know. Especially enlightening were the chapters on IPvthe next generation of the IP protocol, and the chapter covering subnetting. This book has all you'll need. It is all here, how to hook up your Linux computers to each other.
I didn't learn it all from here, I also attended the classes, asked questions of the teacher and went to Linux club meetings for ten years. But there are some who can get it all from a book. Now I can, sometimes, get the boxes to hook up. It takes a while and I have to have the book open, but. Very thorough.
- Whats Wrong with Obamamania?: Black America, Black Leadership, and the Death of Political Imagination.
- Decoración cargada de estilo, personalidad y calidad..
- Sadness at Leaving: An Espionage Romance;
- TCP/IP Network Administration,3rd Edition.
One person found this helpful. Each topic covered is is concise and effective. Useful for users of all levels - beginners, intermediate and advanced.
(the UK's Unix & Open Systems User Group)
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase. I agree with Esteban.
- TCP/IP Network Administration - CERN Document Server?
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer Series: Ovarian Cancer: Expert Consult.
- Account Options?
- TCP IP Network Administration (3rd Edition; O'Reilly Networking).
- Voice over IP.
- Asia, case studies in the social sciences: a guide for teaching.
- Infrared Heating for Food and Agricultural Processing (Contemporary Food Engineering).
This book is not good for network administration. If you are a network administrator and if you are looking for grounded explanations that you can use then don't buy this Book. The Book is really difficult to read as well. Read the table of content and you will see what i mean. Only made it through the first three chapters or so, but was pretty clear and easy to understand. Never understood why this publisher puts the stupidest pictures on the covers on these text books?? See all 32 reviews. Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers.
Learn more about Amazon Giveaway. Set up a giveaway.
TCP/IP Network Administration - AbeBooks - O'Reilly: X
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item? Charles E. Pages with related products. There's a problem loading this menu right now.
TCP/IP Network Administration (3rd Edition; O'Reilly Networking)
Learn more about Amazon Prime. Get fast, free delivery with Amazon Prime.
enter site Back to top. Get to Know Us. Amazon Payment Products. English Choose a language for shopping. SlideShare Explore Search You. Submit Search. Successfully reported this slideshow.
- Infant and young child feeding : challenges to implementing a global strategy.
- Navigation menu.
- Darwins DNA: A Brief Introduction to Evolutionary Philosophy (A Neural Library Imprint Book 5)!
- A Biordered Set Representation of Regular Semigroups.
- Common Mistakes at Proficiency...and How to Avoid Them;
- Cooking with Ancient Grains: 75 Delicious Recipes Quinoa, Amaranth, Chia, and Kaniwa.
- British Napoleonic Infantry Tactics 1792-1815!
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime. Upcoming SlideShare. Like this presentation? Why not share! Embed Size px. Start on. Show related SlideShares at end. WordPress Shortcode. Published in: Technology. Full Name Comment goes here. Are you sure you want to Yes No. Be the first to like this.